Mochi Biscoff Brownies
200g Donovans Dark Baking Chocolate
110g castor sugar
10 g sugar
1 pinch salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
65g plain flour
25g Donovans Dutch Cocoa Powder
140g glutinous rice flour
30g castor sugar
30g unsalted butter
6 tbsp Biscoff spread
6 Biscoff biscuits to layer
1. Put all the mochi ingredients in a microwavable bowl, except for the butter.
2. Microwave for 1 min, take it out and mix. Microwave for another 1 min until the liquid is gone.
3. While hot, mix in the butter until combined. The butter will make it easier to handle. Set aside to cool.
4. When cooled, use a rolling pin to roll the mochi to the size of your brownie tin in between two pieces of cling wrap.
1. Spread a thin layer of biscoff spread onto baking paper and put it in the freezer to harden.
2. Melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave.
3. Beat the castor sugar, brown sugar and eggs until pale and doubled in size. Add in salt and vanilla extract.
4. Gently fold in the chocolate and butter. Add the sifted flour and cocoa powder and gently fold.
5. Pour half the brownie mixture in a brownie tin. Add add in the hardened Biscoff spread and the mochi layer.
6. Pour the rest of the brownie mixture to cover. Add Biscoff biscuits on top.
7. Bake at 180°C for 30-40min.